Thursday, May 25, 2017

The truth about MTurk




If you have been looking into work at home jobs, one that you have probably heard a lot about is Amazons Mechanical Turk known as MTurk. MTurk is a crowdsourcing marketplace where you an earn money by completing short tasks such as doing web research, data entry transcription and various writing jobs. Pay for these jobs depends on the task you do. Sounds great to a stay at home mom since you can log in anytime and do a task or two and get paid. Right?



Well, in my opinion it falls into that 'if it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is' category. Reason for this being as they don't seem to approve new workers. In order to do these tasks you create an account and sign up at their site. Then you wait 24-48 hours to hear if you have been approved.

So being a stay at home mom, this sounded good to me and I signed up. I have been a customer on Amazon for years. I used my log in and filled out the form they gave me and received a message that I would be notified by email.

Here is the email I received.



I was denied with no explanation at to why. It says they cannot disclose the reason but if the criteria changes I can try again. So I looked around to try to find the criteria. I was not able find the criteria anywhere.


You are able to log in and view the HITs, however if you try to do anything with them you get this notice:




There is nothing telling you if or when you would be able to try again. I searched and found that most people who have tried to get on with MTurk have been denied. This is one I would say try if you want, but don't get your hopes up.

**Update:

I did receive an email about being approved a little while after this and am now able to do the hits. I will be writing a review on my experiences with it.


If there is a website or app you would like me to test, feel free to send me the name of it at sjacobs206.purple@blogger.com.


Protect yourself and your family. Get 24/7 Unlimited Roadside Assistance and never be stranded again!!